Tami LaTrell

So I live in Florida, I have a beat (instrumental) that a manager in California wants to buy from me for his artist. What can I do about the split sheets because I won't be able to make the studio session if they record in California and I want my share? Would I have to sign it and fax/scan it over to them or what?

Tami LaTrell responded on 08/01/2016

Make sure you license it to him for a specific amount of time, do not agree to do a work for hire because you will sign over your rights to collect royalties. Once the song is done, please get the pub info from all writers and add to songsplits.com so they all have the notifications. i would also copyright the song as well showing you as the owner of the sound recording. If the song gets airplay register with a PRO.

1000 characters remaining