Tami LaTrell

If an artist writes a song and has another artist sing or rap a part, how is that other artist paid? do they get paid off royalities or up front with a one time check? or is it based on an agreement?

Tami LaTrell responded on 02/27/2013

Artists who write should always have their publishing and splits documented for each song and should always do a license agreement for them to grant the artist permission to use their song in exchange for them to receive their publishing royalties. NEVER do a work for hire. EVER. You can find out more information by watching my vlog on understanding splits and publishing here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2Wo9OyB...

1000 characters remaining